(Maternity leave replacement)
The Combating Domestic Violence Against Women and Children (Grant 9198-MON) is implemented by the Ministry of Justice and Home Affairs (MOJHA) and administered by Asian Development Bank (ADB) with funding of the Government of Japan. The project aims to deliver three outputs: (i) multi-disciplinary response and livelihood assistance services to domestic violence survivors delivered; (ii) capacity of key officials and staff responsible for protection and rehabilitation services for DV survivors improved; and (iii) behavior of key stakeholders on prevention, reporting and protection of survivors improved. The project outcome will be the quality of and access to prevention and multi-disciplinary response to DV strengthened. More information about the project can be obtained from
The Ministry of Justice and Home Affairs is seeking for a maternity leave replacement of the Procurement Specialist for the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) in Ulaanbaatar. The duration of the replacement period is 5 person months starting from 1 December 2020. The Procurement Specialist will report to the project coordinator and work under guidance of the MOJHA, Ministry of Finance and ADB.
- Scope of Work
Tasks. Under supervision of the project coordinator, the procurement specialist’s responsibilities include the following but not limited to:
- ensure that the procurement under the project is conducted in accordance with ADB guidelines and the project procurement plan approved by ADB and the government, and its updates;
- closely coordinate with PIU staff including field coordinators and all consultants;
- regularly update the procurement plan as required under ADB guidelines and seek approval from the MOJHA;
- provide assistance to the MOJHA and the evaluation and recruitment committees in organizing procurement and recruitment of consultants to accelerate processes;
- the main assignment of procurement specialist will be in coordination with the MOJHA and ADB to organize the procurement process and prepare documentation, including the invitation for bid, bidding documents, employer’s requirement, bid evaluation reports, letters of awards, draft contracts, etc., in the procurement of goods, works, and services including consultancies;
- provide assistance to the project coordinator and to the tender evaluation committee in the tendering process for the procurement under the project in accordance with procurement guidelines, including (i) preparation and publication of invitation to bid, (ii) coordinate answers to bidder’s queries, (iii) evaluation of tenders, and (iv) preparation of bid evaluation reports;
- assist in addressing and providing answers to bidder queries and in organizing bidder site visits as needed;
- coordinate with processes of non-objection by the ADB during the procedures of evaluations of tenders and consultant’ proposals;
- liaise with ADB staff as required and submit the items to ADB requiring prior review and documents needing ADB approval;
- make necessary arrangement for contract signatures in consultation with the MOJHA;
- keep progress of procurement and consultant recruitment activities against procurement timetables, highlight variations in progress, record reasons, and identify remedial actions, if any;
- assist in selection of small-scale 25 competitive grants for shelters, one-stop service centers, and MDTs nationwide; and
- prepare periodic progress report on status of procurement and consultant recruitment as required by the project manager.
- Required Qualifications, Skills, Expertise and Experience
The applicant must possess the following:
- minimum of bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, public finance management or related fields;
- a minimum of 7 years of professional experience in international and national bidding procedures, procurement procedures, especially preparation of expression of interest, notice inviting tender, request for proposal and bidding document for procurement of consultant services, goods, and works;
- work experience in procurement with ADB or other international development organizations is desired; and
- excellent written English skills.
- Application Submission Procedure
Interested candidates should submit an application consisting of the following documents, prepared in English language:
– Cover letter (maximum two pages) explaining the reasons for applying to the position, describing how the candidate’s qualification, skills and work experiences meet the selection criteria
– Curriculum vitae
– Two reference letter from the previous employer, and
– Copies of all diplomas and certificates
All documents should be enclosed in a sealed envelope that indicates the applied position, and hand delivered to the below specified person at MOJHA by 5 p.m. of November 4, 2020. Please note that the submitted documents will not be returned to the applicants. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and asked to (i) have a job interview with the selection committee; and (ii) provide proof of work experience and original copies diplomas and certificates at the interview.
Attn: Project Implementation Unit
Combating Domestic Violence Against Women and Children Project
The Ministry of Justice and Home Affairs of Mongolia
Government Building V, Chingeltei district, B.Shirendev street 8/4
Ulaanbaatar city, Mongolia
 The terms of reference of the procurement specialist will conform to any new government procurement arrangements agreed by ADB.