CONSULTANCY SERVICE FOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER FOR COMBATING DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN AND CHILDREN, GRANT PROJECT
Objective and Purpose of the Assignment
The “Combating Domestic Violence against Women and Children” project financed by a grant from the Japan Fund for Poverty Reduction, administered by Asian Development Bank. The Grant Agreement was signed by the Government of Mongolia and the Asian Development Bank has become effective on 1 February 2019. The Ministry of Justice and Home Affairs (MOJHA) is the project executive agency (EA) and the Project Implementing Unit (PIU) was established under the Secretariat of Coordination Council for Crime Prevention (SCCCP), MOJHA. Detailed information of the project can be obtained from: https://www.adb.org/projects/51217-001/main.
The Ministry of Justice and Home Affairs intends to recruit a qualified Software Engineer as an individual consultant to support the implementation of the project.
Purpose of the assignment is to prepare the e-learning modules on response to domestic violence for police officers and ensure integration into a website of the National Police Agency (NPA).
Scope of Work
The software engineer will design the e-learning modules on response to domestic violence for police officials and ensure integration into the website of the National Police Agency. The incumbent is expected to work in the Project Implementation Unit’s office as needed.
Detailed Task and/or Expected outputs
- Design the e-learning modules based on the contents of a training manual on combating domestic violence for police workers (developed by the International Development Law Organization (IDLO) as a training package);
- Harmonize the contents and ensure its functions and accessibility to khoroo/bagh/soum police officers in the project sites;
- Upgrade and integrate the modules to the web platform of the NPA in terms of web design, data representation and database management;
- Upgrade the training topics and modules with the post tests to fortify the knowledge before entering to the next topic;
- Estimate and prepare the budget for developing domestic violence training program as a video content;
- Support the NPA in maintenance and use of the e-learning modules;
- Support police officer’s/visitor’s attendance in the on-line platform;
- Conduct monitoring and follow up visits to assess use and maintenance of e-learning Package No C005/2021 Project: Grant 9198-MON: Combating Domestic Violence Against Women and Children Expertise: Software engineer Expertise group: Information system, Information technology, Software engineer Consultant source: National Category Independent 2 modules at khoroo/bagh/soums in the project sites
- Make use of data analytics to provide inputs for the project quarterly and annual reports prepared to project implementation unit.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Minimum of undergraduate degree in mathematics and software, post graduate degree will be an advantage;
- Experience in implementing e-learning module, working experience in development of research and planning (service contract, contract evaluation documents should be submitted)
- Database management, C ++, Java, C #, PHP technology experience will be an advantage;
- At least 5 years of experience in software, e-learning module design, development and maintenance (service contract, contract evaluation documents should be submitted)
- Submit evidence of contract experience in the field for the last 2 (additionally similar assignments);
- Experience in conducting training for government employees (service contract, contract evaluation documents should be submitted);
- Ability to prepare reports in English.
Application SUBMISSION Procedure
Interested individuals should apply through ADB’S Consulting Services Recruitment Notice (CSRN) following the link below by 16 September 2021, 10:00 pm (Ulaanbaatar time)
The following documents should be submit/uploaded into the CMS:
OFF-LINE EXPRESSION OF INTERESTS WILL NOT BE RECEIVED.
Project Implementing Unit
G9198-MON: Combating Domestic Violence against Women and Children
The Ministry of Justice and Home Affairs of Mongolia
Government Building V, Chingeltei district, B.Shirendev street 8/4
Ulaanbaatar city, Mongolia